Strawberry Cream Pie
- Half box (204 g) graham crackers
- 7 tablespoons (98g) unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons (25g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 bag (16 oz) (454g) frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup (100g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 envelopes (14g) gelatin (Knox preferred)
- 1/4 cup (60g) water
- 2 cups whipping or heavy whipping cream
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 3/4 cup (180g) or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon (12.5g) Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Crush graham crackers to meal. Melt butter and add to meal along with sugar.
- Press mixture on bottom and sides of a deep 9-inch pie tin. Place in oven for 7-8 minutes and allow to cool.
- Defrost strawberries. Place in a blender and blend to very smooth puree. Place in a bowl large enough to hold remaining ingredients. Add sugar.
- Strawberry puree should be about 85°F. If the puree is still too cold, place bowl over double boiler and warm. Set aside.
- Combine gelatin and water in a small bowl and set aside for a minimum of 3 minutes. Place bowl over a double boiler and stir until gelatin is fully dissolved.
- Add to strawberry puree. Set aside.
- In a bowl whip cream to a medium consistency. Do not whip until stiff.
- Add half of whipped cream to strawberry puree and mix using a rubber spatula until combined.
- Add remaining cream and mix only until combined. Excess mixing will result in a denser cream.
- Transfer cream to prebaked and completely cool pie crust. Place in refrigerator for at least 4 hours or overnight.
- To finish pie, wash, dry, and remove stems from fresh strawberries. Arrange on pie and sprinkle generously with powdered sugar.
- Whip cream, sugar, and vanilla to stiff peaks. Fit whipped cream in a piping bag fitted with a large French star pastry tip.
- Pipe onto center of pie and top with sliced strawberries.
Chef Eddy used frozen strawberries (vs. fresh) as they are picked at a riper stage and will give a deeper strawberry flavor and color.