Strawberry Cream Streusel Bars
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 7 ounces sweetened condensed milk
- 2 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon juice
- 2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup leftover crust
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 tablespoons whole milk or heavy cream
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Combine sugar, flour and salt in a medium bowl. Cut butter into sugar mixture with fingers or pastry cutter until mixture resemble wet sand.
- Remove 3/4 cup of crust mixture; set aside.
- Press remaining dough into 8x8 inch pan lined with parchment paper.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven while preparing filling.
- For filing: Whisk together sweetened condensed milk, cream cheese and lemon juice until smooth.
- Pour over crust, bake for 8 minutes.
- Remove from oven again and cover filling with sliced strawberries.
- Lower oven to 350°F.
- Prepare streusel: In a bowl, whisk together 3/4 cup crust mixture with oats and brown sugar.
- Sprinkle over strawberries and return pan to oven. Bake at 350°F for 30 minutes. Cool completely or refrigerate for 1-2 hours before slicing in bars.
- Just before serving, prepare glaze. Whisk together powdered sugar and heavy cream until smooth. Drizzle onto bars.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.