- 6 cups chopped strawberries
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In a bowl toss together strawberries, lemon juice, flour, and brown sugar. Spread into an 8-inch baking dish.
- In a separate bowl mix together flour, brown sugar, salt and cinnamon for topping, Cut butter into small cubes and use a pastry cutter or your fingers to incorporate butter. It should be consistency of sand.
- Spread topping mixture over strawberries and bake for 35-45 minutes until top is golden brown and berries are bubbly and hot.
- Remove from oven and let sit for 20 minutes before serving with ice cream or whipped cream.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments