Strawberry Dessert Bruschetta
- 1 frozen pound cake, thawed, cut into 20 slices
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 container (16 ounces) strawberries, stems removed, chopped
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon fresh lime juice
- Optional: 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place pound cake slices on a cookie sheet. Brush with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until lightly toasted.
- Combine strawberries, sugar, lime juice and mint, if desired; mix lightly.
- Spoon strawberry mixture on toasted pound cake slices. Serve immediately.