Strawberry Hot Chocolate
Strawberry Hot Cocoa Mix
- 2 ounces freeze-dried strawberries
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup powdered milk
- 12 ounces pink candy melts (or white chocolate)
Single Serving of Strawberry Hot Chocolate
- 8 ounces of milk
- 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry hot cocoa mix
- For Strawberry Hot Cocoa Mix, crush freeze-dried strawberries into fine crumbs using a food processor or by smashing them in a large zip-top bag using a rolling pin or meat mallet.
- Set a fine-mesh sieve over a large bowl.
- Press crushed strawberries through sieve discarding any larger pieces.
- Sift powdered sugar and powdered milk through sieve into bowl.
- Finely chop pink candy melts or white chocolate using a food processor or a knife.
- Stir candy melts or white chocolate into strawberry hot cocoa mix until well combined.
- Store in a jar for up to 3 months until ready to serve.
- To make a Single Serving of Strawberry Hot Chocolate, bring milk to a boil.
- Whisk in 3-4 tablespoons of strawberry hot cocoa mix.
- Pour into a coffee mug and enjoy plain, topped with whipped cream or marshmallows.
Tips: If you want your strawberry hot chocolate to be vibrantly pink (as pictured), use pink candy melts to make your hot cocoa mix. If you use white chocolate to make your hot cocoa mix, your hot chocolate will be very pale pink. If using a white chocolate candy bar, you can grate it using a cheese grater.
Recipe created for Imperial Sugar by Beth Jackson Klosterboer @Hungry Happenings.