Strawberry Lemonade Bundt Cake
- 2 cups cake flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup salted butter, softened
- Zest of one lemon
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- Lemon Glaze
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 2 drops yellow food coloring
- Strawberry Glaze
- 1/8 cup frozen (or fresh) sliced strawberries, thawed and pureed
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Thinly sliced lemons and strawberries, for garnish
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Generously butter and flour a 10-12 cup Bundt pan (either will work) and set aside.
- In the bowl of mixer, beat butter, sugar, and lemon zest on medium speed until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition and scraping the sides of the bowl as needed. Add flour mixture and sour cream alternately to sugar mixture, starting and ending with flour mixture. Beat in lemon juice and lemon extract, giving the bowl a few good scrapes from bottom with a wooden spoon.
- Pour batter into prepared Bundt pan and bake for roughly 45 minutes, until the edges are browned and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Let cake cool in pan for 10 minutes, then very carefully turn out onto wire racks to cool completely.
- Prepare lemon glaze: In a small bowl, whisk together lemon juice, powdered sugar, and food coloring until smooth. Carefully place cooled cake on a plate, then drizzle lemon glaze over the top. Refrigerate until glaze has hardened.
- In a small bowl, whisk together pureed strawberries, lemon juice, and powdered sugar. Drizzle over cake. Garnish with fresh strawberries and thin lemon slices and serve.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Kristan Roland @bakescupcakes.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments