Strawberry Lemonade Thumbprint Cookies
Strawberry Lemonade Thumbprints
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon zest
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest of one large lemon
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare cookie sheets with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugar and cream further. Add lemon juice, vanilla extract, and lemon zest and mix until well combined.
- Sift together flour and salt. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and place 1 inch apart on prepared cookie sheets.
- Press an indention in center with your thumb and pile high with strawberry preserves. If preserves are too thick, microwave in 10 second increments until smooth.
- Place in oven and bake until edges begin to obtain a golden color, about 13-15 minutes. Let rest on cookie sheets for 5 minutes. Then move to a wire rack to cool.
- Prepare lemon glaze by mixing fresh lemon juice, powdered sugar, and lemon zest. Drizzle over cooled cookies.