Strawberry Margarita Bars
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, sifted*
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, cut into cubes
- 3/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 1 1/4 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup tequila
- Zest of 1 lime
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a 13×9-inch pan with non-stick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl combine flour, powdered sugar, lime zest, lime juice and butter. Using your hands, mix until it comes together as a dough. Press into prepared baking dish.
- Bake for 18-20 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove from oven.
- Meanwhile in a blender or food processor mix together lime juice and strawberries until smooth. Add sugar, eggs, tequila and lime zest. Blending until well incorporated. Add flour and baking powder, and mix until well incorporated.
- Pour over the baked crust. Return to the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, and cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar, and serving
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: For a non-alcoholic version, replace tequila with lime juice. Add a few drops of red food coloring for a more vibrant red color.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments