Strawberry Margarita Pie
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
Strawberry Margarita Pie Filling
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
- 4 tablespoons orange juice
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- Crème Chantilly
- Lime zest, optional
- Lime slices, optional
- Strawberry slices, optional
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a bowl combine crushed graham cracker crumbs and melted butter.
- Mix well until crumbs have consistency of wet sand.
- Press crumbs firmly into 9-inch pie dish. Make sure to press crumbs firmly on bottom and sides of pie dish.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Remove and Let cool.
- For filling, add heavy cream and powdered sugar to bowl of electric mixer. Whip on high until peaks start to form.
- In a blender combine strawberries, lime juice, and orange juice. Blend until smooth.
- Pour mixture into cream mixture and mix until combined.
- Spoon mixture into cooled pie crust and place into fridge and chill for 8 hours or overnight.
- For Crème Chantilly, in bowl of a stand mixer, combine whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla extract.
- Whip on high until firm peaks form. Pipe onto cold pie.
- Garnish pie with lime zest and/or lime and strawberry slices. Serve cold.
Tip: For easier slicing, let pie sit at room temperature for about 5 minutes before slicing.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.