- Remove stems from strawberries and slice in half.
- Add strawberries and sugar to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Remove 3/4 cup of puree and set aside.
- Using a hand mixer, beat heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Then fold in remaining puree gently into whipped cream (making sure to reserve the 3/4 cup from step 1).
- Divide reserved strawberry puree into the bottom of 4 large glasses or 6 small glasses and top with strawberry mousse.
- Refrigerate for about 2 hours or over night. Garnish with Crème Chantilly and extra strawberries, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.