Strawberry Mousse Jello Parfaits
- 2 (3 oz) packages strawberry Jell-O
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 cups cold water
Strawberry Mousse Layer
- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/4 cups heavy whipping cream
- Creme Chantilly (optional topping)
- Extra strawberries (optional garnish)
- For Jell-O layer, line up 8 individual cups. (To chill glasses at an angle, you can use a cupcake pan and set a large marshmallow under each cup to ensure they don’t tip back over while they cool.)
- In a large bowl, dissolve 2 packages strawberry Jell-O in boiling water, stirring until completely dissolved. Then stir in cold water.
- Divide Jello liquid evenly between glasses and chill until Jell-O is set, about 4 hours.
- For Strawberry Mousse Layer, wash and hull strawberries. Add strawberries and sugar to a blender or food processor. Puree until smooth.
- Using a mixer, beat heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until stiff peaks form. Then fold in strawberry puree gently.
- Spoon mousse into glasses on top of set Jell-O. Refrigerate for at least 1 hour or overnight. Garnish with Crème Chantilly and extra strawberries, if desired.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Nash from @houseofnasheats.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments