Strawberry Peach Pound Cake Trifle
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, soft
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 ounces milk
- 1 package (3.4oz) instant vanilla pudding mix
- 2 cups cold milk
- 2 cups whipped topping or Crème Chantilly
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, cleaned, stemmed and sliced
- 1 pound fresh or frozen peach slices, thawed
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a medium bowl, combine pudding mix and milk according to package directions. Cover with plastic wrap and chill in refrigerator until set.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Butter and flour a 4 1/2 x 8-inch loaf pan. Set aside.
- Cream butter until creamy, add sugar and cream further. Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous added egg to be fully incorporated. Scrape in between additions. Cream until light and fluffy. Add extract and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Add 1/4 of flour and combine, add 1/3 of milk and combine. Repeat with flour and milk until all is incorporated.
- Scrape batter into prepared pan bake for approximately 45-55 minutes or until center bounces back when gently pressed or an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If cake becomes too dark, cover with foil.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 10 minutes before removing from pan. Cool completely on wire rack. Once cool, slice and cut into 1/2-inch cubes.
- Remove pudding from refrigerator and fold in whipped topping.
- Place a layer of pound cake in bottom of trifle dish. Arrange strawberries around inside of dish. Layer more strawberry slices on top of pound cake. Top with 1/2 of vanilla cream. Repeat with layer of pound cake, followed by peaches, and 1/2 vanilla cream.
- Garnish with any remaining pound cake squares, whipped topping, peaches, and strawberries. Chill minimum 30 minutes before serving. Can be made up to 6 hours in advance.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed by Terri Truscello Miller @LoveandConfections.