Strawberry Poke Cake
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, room temperature
- 4 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup boiling water
- 1 package (3 ounces) JELL-O strawberry flavor gelatin
- 1/2 cup cold water
- 3 cups Crème Chantilly
- Heat oven to 350°F. Line a 13 x 9” baking pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a mixing bowl add butter and sugar. With paddle attachment on beat until mixture is light and fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Add eggs, one at the time beating well after each addition. Scrape sides of the bowl with spatula. Stir in vanilla extract and baking powder.
- Alternately, add all-purpose flour and milk. Stir until just combined.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake in preheated oven for 43-45 minutes.
- Remove from oven and let the cake cool for 10 minutes.
- With a wooden skewer or a fork, poke cake.
- Place gelatin in a measuring cup. Pour 1 cup of boiling water over it and stir until completely dissolved. Stir in cold water and slowly pour it over cake.
- Refrigerate for 3-4 hours.
- Spread creme chantilly over cake and refrigerate until needed or for at least another hour.
- Cut into single serve cakes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Roxana Yawgel at a TrEATS Affair.
Moist and delicious, this cake was easy to make. Baking the cake from scratch instead of a box a big plus, providing a fluffy, spongy base to absorb the jello!