Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 1 package (6 oz) strawberry gelatin mix
- 2 cup boiling water
- 6 cups mini pretzels, crushed
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 8 ounces non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 16 ounces fresh strawberries, washed, hulled and sliced
- Combine strawberry gelatin mix and boiling water in a bowl.
- Whisk until dissolved and set to the side to cool to room temperature.
- Combine crushed pretzels, 1 tablespoon sugar, and melted butter in a large bowl. Mix well.
- Press pretzel mixture into a single layer in bottom of a 9 X 13-inch pan.
- Stick crust into fridge to chill while making filling.
- Combine cream cheese, 1/2 cup sugar, and vanilla with an electric mixer. Mix until combined and smooth.
- Fold in thawed non-dairy whipped topping.
- Spread filling mixture evenly over chilled pretzel crust, making sure to reach the edges of the dish to create a seal. No pretzels should be showing on the edges.
- Chill in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove from fridge and sprinkle strawberry slices evenly over top of filling.
- Slowly and evenly pour gelatin mixture over strawberries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill in fridge for at least 4 hours or until gelatin has set. Store refrigerated.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.