Strawberry Shortcake Sandwiches
- 2 cartons strawberries, sliced
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 inch slices of Buttermilk Pound Cake
- In a large bowl, mix sliced strawberries with sugar. Let rest for 20 minutes, or up to 3 days in the refrigerator.
- In a stand mixer with the whisk attachment, beat whipping cream, powdered sugar and vanilla extract until stiff peaks form.
- Build the sandwiches by putting a layer of whipped cream on one side of the cake, followed by a layer of strawberries. Add top with the remaining cake slice. Serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments