- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cold butter, cut into small pieces
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced (for the glaze)
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 wide strips lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/2 cup ricotta cheese
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- Pinch nutmeg
- 1 pint strawberries, hulled and sliced (for the topping)
- 1/2 pint blueberries
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- 1 cup water
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spread almonds on baking sheet and bake until golden, about 5 minutes. Transfer to plate and let cool.
- Combine flour, 1/3 cup of toasted almonds, granulated sugar and salt in a food processor and pulse until finely ground. Add pieces of butter and pulse until mixture resembles wet sand. Add 2 tablespoons cold water and pulse until dough becomes smooth. Turn out dough onto plastic wrap, place another piece of plastic wrap on top and form dough into a disk. Wrap tightly and refrigerate for 15 minutes. Unwrap dough and press evenly into bottom and up sides of a buttered 9-inch pie or tart pan. Freeze until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Place the pie pan on a baking sheet, bake until the crust is golden brown, about 20 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- Glaze: Combine sliced strawberries, granulated sugar, lemon zest and juice and 1 cup of water in a small saucepan. Bring to a simmer over medium heat and cook until strawberries are soft and glaze is thickened, about 10 minutes. Remove lemon zest and let glaze cool.
- Filling: Mix ricotta, cream cheese, confectioners sugar and nutmeg in a bowl with a mixer until smooth. Spread evenly in crust. Spoon strawberries from glaze over the filling. Arrange the sliced fresh strawberries on top of the filling and around the softened strawberries. Scatter fresh blueberries around the top of tart. Brush strawberries and blueberries with remaining glaze.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least an hour.