Strawberry White Chocolate Toffee
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 cups unsalted butter
- Pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 2 cups white chocolate chips
- 1 cup freeze-dried strawberries, crushed
- Lightly grease or line a 12 x 17-inch jelly roll pan, or half sheet pan, with parchment paper.
- In a medium-sized pot, add sugar, butter, and salt. Allow butter to melt and come to a gentle boil. Simmer on a low boil for 13-15 minutes or until toffee mixture is a dark amber color and reaches 290°F to 300°F, or "hard crack” stage. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla.
- Pour hot toffee mixture on prepared baking pan and allow to set slightly, 2-3 minutes. Sprinkle white chocolate chips on top and allow to sit for 1-2 minutes, then spread softened chocolate into an even layer. Before chocolate sets, sprinkle top with crushed freeze-dried strawberries. Allow toffee to cool and set for about 2 hours before breaking into pieces.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Kraft @sprinklesomesugar.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments