Sugar and Spice Cookies
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons molasses (light or dark)
- 1 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Pinch salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or lightly coat with butter or baking spray.
- In a large bowl, cream butter and granulated sugar. Add egg to cream mixture and mix well. Pour in molasses and stir well.
- Sift flour, baking soda, salt and spices together. Pour into molasses mixture. Stir until all flour is mixed in.
- Use a teaspoon to spoon batter on cookie sheet. Bake for about 10-12 minutes.
- Remove from oven after baking and cool on a wire rack. While cookies are still warm, dust with powdered sugar.