Sugar Cookie Ice Cream
- Sugar Cookies
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, very soft
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- Ice Cream
- 2 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons vanilla
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- 6-8 sugar cookies
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat butter until very light and creamy. Add sugar and continue mixing until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, vanilla, and salt and beat until very well combined.
- Sift flour, baking soda, and cream of tartar together and add in 1 step to above. Mix until dough forms. Do not over rmix.
- Scoop batter into 2 tablespoon amounts and make round. Place well apart on parchment lined or evenly buttered cookie sheets.
- Sprinkle with additional sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until very pale and edges are very light golden, about 9 minutes.
- Prepare Ice Cream - In a mixing bowl, add heavy cream and vanilla, mix on high with electric mixer until stiff peaks form.
- Add in sweetened condensed milk and whisk until combined to make ice cream base.
- Crumble 4-5 sugar cookies into ice cream base and mix well.
- Spoon mixture into loaf pan.
- Chop 1 or 2 cookies and sprinkle over top of ice cream.
- Cover with plastic wrap and freeze for several hours or overnight until frozen.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Angie Barrett @BigBearsWife.