Sugar Cookie Pops
- 1 cup butter, room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup holiday colored sprinkles
- Lollipop sticks
- Colored sugars for decorating (optional)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line two baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl of an electric mixer. Cream until light and fluffy, 2-3 minutes. Add egg and both extracts. Mix until combined.
- Add flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt. Mix on low speed until combined. Carefully mix in sprinkles. If over-mixed, the colors can bleed into the dough.
- Using a tablespoon ice cream scoop, place dough onto a lollipop stick, about 2-inches apart. Decorate with colored sugars.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until just golden around edges. Let cool on baking sheets for 10 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.