Sugar Cookies with Whipped Cream
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
- 3 tablespoons heavy whipping cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift dry ingredients and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together until light and fluffy.
- Add egg, heavy whipping cream, and vanilla just until incorporated.
- Add flour in one step and mix just until combined. Do not overmix.
- Place dough in the refrigerator for about 45 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line 2 cookie sheets with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper. Set aside.
- Chill work area where you will be rolling the dough by placing a cookie sheet with ice cubes on top of the area.
- Lightly flour your work surface and rolling pin. Working with a handful of dough at a time, roll dough out to 1/4-inch thickness. Use cookie cutters to cut into desired shapes. Place cookies on prepared cookie sheets.
- Re-roll scrap dough and incorporate more chilled dough. If dough becomes too sticky, place back in the refrigerator briefly. Continue process until all cookies are cut out. If using sprinkles, add now. Place unused dough in the refrigerator between batches.
- Bake for 10-14 minutes or just until edges just begin to brown. Do not over bake.
- Let rest on the baking sheet for a few minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool.
- Once cookies have completely cooled, decorate as desired with Cream Cheese Frosting, Royal Icing, Buttercream or Fondant.
- Store at room temperature in an airtight container for up to 3 days. Let iced cookies dry overnight before stacking.