Sugar ’N Spice Szechuan Wings
- 2 pounds chicken wings, each cut in half
- 1 1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) melted unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 tablespoons Szechwan stir fry sauce
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 cup finely chopped scallions
- Wash wings and dry with paper towels.
- Mix well with salt. Place in one layer on a tray and refrigerate, uncovered, overnight or at least several hours to dry out.
- Next day preheat oven to 500°F.
- Melt butter in a wok. Drain wings and toss with butter.
- Place wings on a rack over a baking pan. Pour some water into baking pan to prevent smoking. Roast wings about 30-40 minutes, turning twice, or until very crisp.
- While wings are roasting, prepare glaze by mixing all ingredients except scallions in a wok. Simmer and stir until smooth, then stir in scallions, cook 15 seconds.
- Toss crisp chicken wings with glaze and serve immediately.