- 1 cup walnuts
- 1/2 cup dried figs
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup dried dates
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar, for rolling
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- Red and green food coloring
- To make Sugar Plums, combine walnuts, dried figs, dried apricots, dried dates, chocolate chips, honey, and spices in a food processor. Pulse a few times to chop nuts and fruit into small pieces.
- Process continuously for 30 seconds. Scrape edges of bowl to make sure nothing is sticking.
- Continue processing for another 1-2 minutes, until ingredients form a ball.
- Roll into bite-sized balls and roll each sugarplum in either different colored sugars or in powdered sugar.
- To make colored sugar, divide granulated sugar between two bowls. Add 1-2 drops of red food coloring to sugar in one bowl and 1-2 drops of green food coloring to sugar in the other bowl. Stir well until all sugar is colored.
- Store covered in the refrigerator for up to 7 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Joanie Zisk from @onedishkitchen.