Sugar Spiced Chicken with Fancy Fruit Salsa
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 1/2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons dry mustard powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, seeded and chopped
- 1 kiwi fruit, peeled and chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds, lightly toasted
- 2 tablespoons hot pepper jelly
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper, as desired
- In a small bowl, combine sugar, coriander, salt, mustard powder, and cayenne. Place chicken breasts in a bowl and rub well with spice mixture. Cover and refrigerate 1 to 2 hours.
- When ready to cook, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Line a baking pan with a silicone baking mat or foil. Bake uncovered for 18-20 minutes, or until tender and done.
- Meanwhile, toss fruit and almonds together, blending well.
- Heat jelly slightly to liquefy, then blend with lime juice. Spoon over fruit mixture, blending well. Reserve at room temperature until chicken is done. To serve, place chicken on serving plates and serve with salsa.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments