Sweet and Spicy Grilled Pineapple
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 fresh pineapple, peeled and sliced in 10 rings
- 3 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Dark Brown Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon chipotle chili powder
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- Crushed dried pequin peppers (optional)
- Brush grill or grill pan with olive oil. Preheat over medium-high heat.
- Place pineapple rings between two paper towels to absorb any extra juice. Pat dry.
- Whisk together sugar, chili powder, and lime juice in a small bowl. Brush mixture on both sides of pineapple rings.
- Place pineapple slices on grill or grill pan. Grill, occasionally brushing chili mixture. Remove from heat when char marks appear. Serve with extra lime wedges and a sprinkle of crushed pequin pepper (optional).
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Ericka Sanchez @nibblesandfeasts.