Sweet Corn and Pepper Salsa
- 3 cups sweet corn (from about 4 large ears) *see notes
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup white onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whole mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon distilled vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Mix all ingredients well in a large bowl with a tight-fitting lid.
- Refrigerate, stirring occasionally, for at least one hour, or up to 24 hours before serving. The salsa will keep in a covered container in the fridge for about 5 days.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: If fresh corn is not in season, use the same amount of thawed frozen corn or sweet canned corn, drained.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Cassie Laemmli @Bake Your Day.