- 1 cup tamarind paste or pulp (found in Latin Section of store)
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 6 tablespoons Masa harina, used to make tortillas
- 1/4 cup water
- Cinnamon sticks for garnish
- In a saucepan over medium heat bring to a boil tamarind paste, water and sugar. Stir until all sugar dissolves.
- In a small bowl whisk together 1/4 cup water and masa until smooth. Once masa mixture is smooth whisk into saucepan, return mixture to a boil. Once mixture reaches a boil, reduce heat and simmer for five minutes.
- Serve atole warm garnished with a cinnamon stick.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Vianney Rodriguez @sweetlifebake.com