- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, soft at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 3 cups all-purpose flour*
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy in a mixing bowl.
- Add eggs one at a time waiting for previous egg to be fully incorporated into mixture. Add vanilla and mix slightly.
- Sift baking powder and baking soda with flour. Add to creamed mixture and mix until just combined.
- Line cookie sheets with parchment paper or spray with baking spray. Drop by teaspoonfuls onto cookie sheet. Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
A nice light and fresh tasting cookie, great beside a cup of my favorite tea.