Teriyaki Beef and Broccoli
- 1.5 pounds flank steak, cut into strips (slice against the grain)
- 3 tablespoons corn starch
- 1/2 cup reduced sodium soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar, packed
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon rice vinegar
- 1-2 tablespoons neutral oil
- 1 head fresh broccoli, steamed
- Sesame seeds
- Place beef strips into a large zip top bag. Add cornstarch. Seal. Shake to coat. Set aside.
- Into a small bowl mix together soy sauce, sugar, sesame oil, ginger, garlic, and vinegar. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a large non-stick pan. When hot, add beef and cook until meat is cooked through. Turning strips as necessary. Do this in batches as to not crowd pan.
- Add liquid to pan. Add broccoli. Toss to coat. Cook until sauce is slightly thickened.
- Garnish with desired amount of sesame seeds.
- Suggest serving over steamed rice or rice noodles.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Paula Jones @bellalimento.
I cut the recipe in half for the 2 of us. This is a keeper! Sauce was delicious! I added a few onions and mushroons also. I'd make it for company even!