- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together corn starch and one tablespoon rice wine vinegar. Add remaining rice wine vinegar and whisk until smooth.
- Add soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and ginger.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Allow to boil for 90 seconds and immediately remove from heat.
- Store in the refrigerator if not using immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
Absolutely delicious! I baked a 3 lbs young chicken, removed all the meat and diced into 1” cubes…this recipe was enough to perfectly coat the chicken pieces. My wife typically does not like teriyaki sauce because it’s too sweet but this recipe was a hit with her and the kids!!! Definitely my ‘go to’ for teriyaki sauce from now on!!! ????