Teriyaki Shrimp Stir Fry
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup packed Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 1/2 lbs uncooked shrimp, peeled & deveined
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 cups stir-fry veggies, fresh or frozen
- Sesame seeds and fresh basil, optional garnish
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together cornstarch and one tablespoon rice wine vinegar. Add remaining rice wine vinegar and whisk until smooth. Add soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, garlic, and ginger.
- Transfer sauce to a small saucepan over medium high heat. Bring to a boil, whisking constantly. Allow to boil for 90 seconds and immediately remove from heat.
- Place shrimp in a large bowl, pour teriyaki sauce on top and toss to coat. Set aside.
- Heat toasted sesame oil in a wok (or large non-stick skillet) over medium-high heat. Add stir fry veggies and cook until crisp-tender, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and sauce and cook until shrimp is cooked through, about 2-3 minutes.
- Serve with rice and a sprinkle of sesame seeds, if desired
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.