Texas Pecan Toffee
- 1 1/2 cups (3 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 2 teaspoons instant espresso powder
- 1/3 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 4 1/2 ounces finely chopped bittersweet chocolate
- 4 1/2 ounces finely chopped white chocolate
- Butter a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat. Add both sugars, water, molasses, espresso powder, cinnamon, and salt. Stir until sugar dissolves. Increase to medium heat stirring slowly but constantly until temperature reaches 290°F, about 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in 1 1/2 cups of nuts. Quickly pour mixture onto cookie sheet. Tilt and bang edges of pan to spread toffee.
- Sprinkle white and dark chocolate on top. Add white chocolate first so it does not melt into dark chocolate. Pat all chunks of chocolate down with a spoon.
- Sprinkle remaining nuts on top of chocolate. Let cool and break into chunks.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments