Thai Iced Tea or Bubble Tea
- In a pitcher, combine boiling water, Thai tea mix, and sugar. Let steep for 15 minutes and strain into a clean container. Allow tea to cool completely, then cover and refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Fill 5 tall glasses with ice, add tea until glass is 3/4 full. Add cream of your choice, starting with about 1 1/2 tablespoons cream, adding more until desired balance is reached.
- For bubble tea or boba tea, prepare tapioca pearls. In a saucepan, add 2 cups of water for every 1/4 cup of boba. Bring water to a boil over high heat. Add tapioca pearls and stir gently until they begin floating on top of water. Turn heat to medium and cook for 12 to 15 minutes (or as package directs). Remove pan from heat, drain and rinse under cold water. Once cool, use immediately. Measure 1/4 cup boba for each 8 to 12 ounce glass. Place boba in bottom of glass, then add ice, tea and cream of choice. Serve immediately.
Imperial Sugar Insight
- Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Jessica Segarra @TheNoviceChef.
- Thai tea mix and tapioca pearls can be found in the Asian section of most large grocery stores, Asian markets, or Amazon.