Thick, Soft Baked Snickerdoodle Cookies
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil, can be olive
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 5 tablespoons Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon (Vietnamese preferred)
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Line 2-3 cookie sheets with parchment paper or coat with butter. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, and salt. Set aside.
- In a bowl large enough to hold all ingredients cream butter until light and fluffy. Add oil.
- Add both sugars and mix until fluffy. Add egg and vanilla and mix well.
- Add dry ingredients in one step and mix just until combined.
- Combine second listed granulated sugar and cinnamon on a plate.
- Scoop dough into 3 tablespoon-size amounts and roll round. If dough is too soft to do so, place in fridge for 30 minutes.
- Roll round balls into cinnamon sugar and place on cookie sheets about 3 inches apart. Sprinkle surface with additional cinnamon sugar.
- Place in oven and bake until edges become light golden, about 11-12 minutes. Center of cookies will still feel very soft when being removed, but will firm as they cool.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments