Thumbprint Cookies / Jelly Cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, soft
- 2/3 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup raspberry preserves or preserves of choice
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cream butter until smooth, add sugar and cream further. Add almond and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Sift together flour and salt. Add flour in one step to creamed mixture and mix until just combined. Do not over mix.
- Roll dough into 1 inch balls and on a parchment lined or buttered cookie sheet.
- Press an indention in center with your thumb and fill with jam of choice. Place in oven and bake until edges begin to obtain a golden color, about 13-15 minutes.