Tie Dye Cinnamon Sugar Cookies
- 6 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups (4 sticks) unsalted butter (room temperature)
- 2 cups Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- Gel food colorings in red, orange and yellow
- Maple Cinnamon Icing
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In large bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder cinnamon and salt. Set aside.
- In bowl of electric mixer beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add one egg at a time, fully combining in one egg before adding in the other.
- Add vanilla extract, mix thoroughly.
- Gradually add in flour mixture while mixer is a slow speed, just until combined.
- Divide dough into three even portions.
- Place each portion into a large zip lock and add a LOT of gel color to each bag. Smoosh dough around until it is pretty uniform in color.
- Take a fist sized chunk of each colored dough and smoosh them together just a little to start a marble effect.
- Press into a rough rectangle on a piece of parchment paper. Lay another piece of parchment.
- Refrigerate sheets of dough until they are firm. While you are waiting, preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut out shapes, placing them about 2 inches away from each other. Bake for 8-11 minutes until it is just golden brown on the edges.
- Decorate with Maple Cinnamon Icing when completely cooled.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Carrie Fields @fieldsofcake.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments