Toasted Coconut Balls
- Divide coconut in half. Working in batches add half coconut into a large nonstick skillet. Heat over medium-low heat until golden and toasted, stirring frequently. Once coconut is toasted, transfer it to a large baking sheet to cool. Repeat with remaining coconut.
- When coconut is cooled, reserve 1/3 cup of coconut and place in a small bowl for rolling. Set aside.
- In a large bowl combine remaining coconut, sweetened condensed milk, and brown sugar. Stir to combine evenly.
- Using a small cookie scoop (1 tablespoon) sized cookie scoop, portion out mixture and form into a tight ball. Roll coconut ball in reserved toasted coconut and set on a parchment lined sheet to set. Repeat with remaining mixture.
- Allow balls to set up at room temperature for an hour and then transfer to an airtight container to store.
Store airtight for up to a week at room temperature or up to 2 weeks in refrigerator. Freeze airtight for up to 2 months. Thaw at room temperature.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Shelly Jaronsky @CookiesandCups.