Toasted Coconut Creamsicle Pudding
- 1/3 cup whipping cream
- 1 1/3 cup milk
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3 tablespoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoon all-purpose flour*
- Pinch salt
- 4 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup frozen concentrated orange juice, defrosted
- Orange or yellow and red food color, optional
- 2 cups coconut flakes, toasted
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 1 tablespoon Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3-4 orange mandarins
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- In a large saucepan whisk together first listed whipping cream, milk, sugar, cornstarch, flour, and salt.
- Vigorously whisk in egg yolks. Place over medium high heat and whisk constantly until mixture boils and makes thick visible bubbles.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla extract. Do not overly whisk, as creams thickened with cornstarch can break down when whisked too much.
- Place in a bowl filled with ice cubes and cover with plastic food wrap. Do not stir.
- Once cooled, stir in orange juice concentrate. If desired add a few drops of food color to desired hue.
- Spoon a layer of pudding into a jar or glass. Add a layer of toasted coconut.
- Create a total of 4 layers pudding and 3 layers coconut.
- Whip remaining whipping cream, sugar, and vanilla to medium firm peaks.
- Spoon a generous dollop of whipped cream onto pudding.
- Decorate with a few mandarin orange segments.