Toffee Graham Cracker Cookies
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chocolate chips + more for topping
- 3/4 cup toffee bits + more for topping
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare two cookie sheets with parchment paper or a silicone baking mat. Set aside.
- In bowl of stand mixer, combine butter, brown sugar, and sugar. Mix 1-2 minutes or until creamy and well combined.
- Beat in vanilla and egg.
- Add graham cracker crumbs, flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, mix until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips and toffee bits.
- Scoop 1-inch sized balls of dough onto prepared cookie sheets. Top with additional chocolate chips and toffee bits. Bake for 10-11 minutes until set up and golden around edges.
- Remove from oven and let cool for 2-3 minutes on baking sheet before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.
I followed recipe exactly. Even refrigerated for a couple hours. Baked and was flat as a pancake. Tasted great though.
I made this recipe and followed the instructions exactly, had a nice thick dough, but my cookies were SO flat. Like insanely flat. However, they’ still tasted amazing, so I’d really like to make them again but have them be thicker and like the picture. Can someone tell me why mine were sooo flat even when I followed the recipe?