- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Slowly add yolks. Mix well and add sifted sugar.
- Then, add flour. Beat until well blended.
- Pour mixture into a buttered and floured baking pan. (It should be same pan you will use to serve cake. You may also use a regular baking pan and then prepare cake in another pan.) Bake for 30 minutes or when small knife put in center comes out clean.
- Cream: Blend three milks together. Adjust level of sweetness using condensed milk to taste.
- Beat egg whites in blender at high speed until soft peaks form. Add sugar and vanilla and keep beating until thick and well blended.
- If you intend to use another pan to prepare cake, cut strips of sponge cake to make layers of cake, add cream and cover with meringue. Sprinkle with cinnamon and bake until meringue frosting is golden brown.
- Otherwise, pierce sponge cake with a fork and cover it with plenty of cream. Add cream around sides of pan and let sponge cake "soak" in cream. Cover with meringue frosting and sprinkle with cinnamon. Bake until meringue is golden brown. Serve cool.