Tropical Banana Bread
- 1 cup pineapple tidbits, very well drained
- 3/4 cup oil such as grapeseed, olive or canola oil
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1 1/2 cups mashed ripe bananas (3-4 large bananas)
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped macadamia nuts
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Butter and flour a standard (8x4-inch) size loaf pan or use baking spray. Set aside.
- Measure 1 cup of pineapple tidbits out and squeeze between paper towels to remove excess moisture. Repeat if necessary to ensure pineapple is very well drained. Cut pineapple tidbits into smaller pieces. You should end up with at least 3/4 cup of pineapple tidbits after drained and chopped. Set aside.
- Mix together oil, sugar, mashed bananas, eggs, and vanilla using a whisk or spatula.
- Sift together remaining ingredients and stir into above ingredients. Add pineapple and macadamia nuts and mix.
- Scrape batter into pan and place in oven. Bake for 55 to 65 minutes or until center of cake bounces back when lightly pressed with a finger or a toothpick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan for 15 minutes before removing or slicing.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments