- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 ounces unsweetened chocolate, melted
- 2 whole large eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup caramel bits
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 12 caramels, unwrapped
- 1 tablespoon heavy cream
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350° F. Line an 8-inch baking dish with parchment paper or grease and flour well.
- In a bowl mix together oil and melted chocolate until well combined. Beat in eggs and sugar.
- Add flour and salt and mix until just combined. Fold in caramel bits and chopped pecans.
- Spread batter into prepared baking dish and bake for 22-25 minutes until edges start to crack and a toothpick comes out mainly clean. You want some crumbs, but not raw batter on toothpick.
- Remove from oven and let cool completely.
- To prepare topping melt together caramels and heavy cream in 30 second intervals, stirring until it is smooth and combined.
- Drizzle caramel over top of brownies. Sprinkle chocolate chips and pecans evenly over top.
- Let caramel set up for about an hour before slicing to serve.
- Store leftovers covered at room temperature.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Erin Sellin @Dinners, Dishes & Desserts.