Tutti Frutti Cheesecake
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries
- 1/3 cup dried cherries
- 1/3 cup dried pineapple, chopped
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted or raw
- 2 packages (8 oz each) packs cream cheese, very soft at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate or orange juice or orange liquor
- Zest of 1 large orange, no white bitter pith
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1 pint fresh fruit such as raspberries (optional)
- Line a standard size loaf pan (about 9x5 inches) with plastic food wrap. Plastic should hang well over sides.
- Prepare and combine dried fruits and almonds, set aside about a half cup of dried fruit mixture to decorate surface of cake later.
- Using a mixer, on low speed blend soft cream cheese with powdered sugar until completely smooth. Add juice or liqueur, orange zest, and vanilla.
- Add 1/2 cup cream and blend into cream cheese mixture. Once perfectly smooth, add another 1/2 cup and mix smooth. Add remaining amount of cream and whip to medium peaks. It will look like sour cream. Over mixing will make the cream heavy.
- Fold in dried fruit and nuts.
- Transfer mixture into plastic lined pan. Cover pan with plastic food film and place in a refrigerator for at least 6 hours or overnight.
- Turn pan upside onto a serving platter. Pull on plastic to release cake.
- Decorate with dried fruits and, if desired, some fresh fruit as well. Serve chilled.
- Refrigerate leftovers.