Twice Baked Sweet Potatoes
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, baked
- 6 tablespoons butter or margarine, softened, divided
- 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Slice potatoes in half lengthwise. Scoop potato out of each half, leaving 1/4-inch thick shell.
- Combine potato pulp, 1/4 cup butter, 1/2 cup brown sugar, orange juice and cinnamon in a large bowl, mashing until smooth and creamy. Spoon mashed potato mixture into potato shells.
- Combine remaining 1/4 cup brown sugar, remaining 2 tablespoons butter with pecans and flour; mixing until blended. Divide mixture evenly on tops of potatoes.
- Place filled potato shells on large baking pan. Bake for 25-30 minutes or until tops are lightly browned and filling is hot.
*Cook’s Tip: To bake potatoes: Preheat oven to 425°F. Wash and scrub potatoes thoroughly under running water and pat dry. Pierce potatoes several times with a fork. Bake potatoes directly on middle rack of oven rack for 50-60 minutes or until tender.
To microwave: Wash potatoes and pierce several times with a fork. Place on microwave-safe plate. Microwave 1 potato at a time for 6-8 minutes or until tender, turning halfway through cooking.