Two Tone Bars
- 2/3 cup all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 1/2 oz. dark chocolate, melted
*Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray an 8x8x2-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt. Set aside.
- Beat eggs using an electric mixer. Gradually add sugar and continue to beat until thick. Add melted butter and mix to combine. Stir in dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Place 1/3 of batter in a small bowl. Add coconut and almond extract, mix to combine.
- Add melted chocolate to remaining batter. Blend well and spread evenly into bottom of prepared pan.
- Spoon coconut batter carefully over chocolate mixture, and spread to form a thin, even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes. Cool and cut into bars.
This recipe first appeared in the Imperial Sugar 125th Anniversary Cookbook.