- 1 pound carrots, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 2 pounds sweet potatoes, peeled and chopped into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/2 cup dried apricots
- 1/2 cup fresh orange juice, plus the zest from 1 orange
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Light Brown Sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) butter, plus more for greasing pan
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease an 11x7 inch baking pan and place carrots, sweet potatoes, dried cherries and dried apricots in pan.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together orange juice, zest, white wine, brown sugar, cinnamon and salt. Pour over the vegetable mixture and bake for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, if liquid is completely reduced, add a touch of water. Dot with butter and bake for 30 more minutes until vegetables are tender and liquid has become a glaze.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Amy Kritzer @whatjewwannaeat.