Valentine Nutella Muddy Buddies
- 5 cups Chocolate Chex™ cereal
- 4 cups Vanilla Chex™ cereal
- 6 tablespoons salted butter
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 cup Nutella® chocolate hazelnut spread
- 1 pound Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon flaky sea salt
- Mini heart sprinkles
- Place cereal in a large bowl. In saucepan, melt butter and chocolate chips over low heat.
- Meanwhile, stir together vanilla and espresso powder. Set aside. Once butter and chocolate are melted, remove from heat. Quickly stir in Nutella and vanilla/espresso until smooth. Nutella will stiffen chocolate mixture considerably, so work quickly.
- Pour mixture over cereal and gently fold until completely coated taking care not to crush cereal. Fold in powdered sugar and salt, crushing large flakes with your fingers, until evenly distributed.
- Toss in sprinkles.
- Store in ziptop or individual treat bags.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Substitute the sprinkles to customize for any holiday or theme.
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Bridget Edwards @Bake at 350.