Valentine’s Day Brownies
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour*
- 1/2 cup cocoa, natural, non-Dutch
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 bag (12 ounces) chocolate chips, 42-50% cocoa
- 4 large eggs
- 1 3/4 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 half pints fresh raspberries
- As needed: Imperial Sugar Confectioners Powdered Sugar
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Prepare an 8 x 11-inch pan with parchment paper. Set aside.
- Sift together flour, cocoa powder, and baking soda and set aside.
- Cut butter into cubes and place in a bowl along with chocolate. Melt on low in a microwave or set bowl over barely simmering water while constantly stirring. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl whisk eggs until well blended. Add sugar and whisk vigorously for 1 minute until well combined. Add melted chocolate along with salt and vanilla extract and mix to combine.
- Add flour mixture and stir to combine. Spread batter into prepared pan pushing out to edges.
- Place in oven and bake until center of brownies feels slightly firm when pressed with a finger, approximately 35 minutes.
- Allow to cool completely before cutting into heart shapes.
- Arrange top with fresh raspberries and sprinkle with powdered sugar.