Vanilla and Chocolate Sugar Cookie Twists
- *Spoon & Sweep method: Use a spoon to fill measuring cup with flour until required amount is obtained. Scooping measuring cup directly into flour bag will firmly pack flour resulting in too much flour required for recipe.
- Sift flour and set aside.
- Mix butter until light and fluffy. Add both sugars and combine well. Add egg and mix until well incorporated. Add vanilla and salt.
- Add flour and mix briefly until just incorporated. Divide dough in half and place vanilla half in refrigerator.
- Add oil and cocoa powder to one half of dough and mix briefly and just until color is smooth throughout. Place dough in the refrigerator for about 30-45 minutes.
- After chilling dough, preheat oven to 350°F
- Measure 2 tablespoons of both vanilla and chocolate cookie dough. Keep remaining dough in refrigerator.
- First cookie twist will be the hardest. Roll vanilla dough quickly in a ball and then roll into an even 6-inch tube, if needed use a tiny amount of flour to keep dough from sticking.
- Do the same with chocolate dough.
- Twist vanilla and chocolate dough together and place on cookie sheets about 1/4-inch apart.
- Repeat with additional dough.
- Place in oven and bake until still pale in color and bottom is slightly golden, about 10-12 minutes.
Imperial Sugar Insight
NOTE: Select flour with 3 grams/protein on nutrition facts label.