Vanilla Bean Pear Butter
- 2 vanilla bean pods
- 3 pounds anjou pears, cored and diced
- 1/2 cup Imperial Sugar Extra Fine Granulated Sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- With a sharp pairing knife, spit both vanilla beans pods. Run the back of the knife along the inside of beans and scrape vanilla beans out.
- In a large saucepan or French oven, combine all ingredients including vanilla bean pods and vanilla beans. Bring to a boil over high heat then reduce heat to a low simmer. Simmer for 50 minutes or until mixture has reduced and thickened. Remove from heat and allow to cool.
- Once cooled, remove vanilla bean pods and discard. Transfer pears to a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. If mixture is too thin, return to saucepan and simmer over medium-low heat until reduced and thickened to your tastes.
- Sore in an air-tight jar in the refrigerator. Serve with pancakes, biscuits and breads.
Imperial Sugar Insight
Recipe developed for Imperial Sugar by Meredith Steele @InSockMonkeySlippers.
Rate & Review
Log in or Register to post comments